Subscribe: Itunes | Spotify | Google Play Music
Email. It’s an absolutely necessary tool for business and yet it can be completely overwhelming if you don’t have some ongoing strategies in place to manage your inbox to keep your time spent there to a minimum. Today I am going to share with you 5 inbox detox tips for staying productive inside your inbox, plus two bonus tips! Implementing these strategies on a daily basis can truly transform your work day and help you save energy for revenue generating tasks in your business.
5 Inbox Detox Tips
- Delete! Each week, take 30 minutes to delete as much as you possibly can in your inbox. Be ruthless!
- Discourage: Utilize Unroll.me to mass unsubscribe from emails. (This doesn’t actually unsubscribe you but does get them out of your inbox!)
- Delegate: What can you assign to another team member?
- Deadline: Do not use your inbox as a to-do list! Get tasks in to a task manager so you can take action!
- Document: Create a filing system that allows you to find important emails when you need them most.
Quick Bonus Tips:
- The 2 Minute Rule: if it takes less than two minutes, just do it and get it out of the way
- Turn off your email notifications: check email at specific times of the day to limit the distraction and temptation to open emails multiple times.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Some simple strategies for limiting the overwhelm of your inbox
Links Mentioned in the Show: (these may be affiliate links):
“Anything that has a due date needs to get into your task manager and not live in your inbox. Your inbox should not be your to-do list.”