The stats on the average amount of emails flooding your inbox are staggering: an average of 126 per day! If you neglect that inbox for even a moment, it’s extremely easy to see how your inbox can get up to the thousands or even hundreds of thousands without good systems in place. But even more importantly, an overflowing inbox can be a huge waste of your time and productivity. So today I am going to share with you my strategies for minimizing your time in your inbox, allowing you to spend more time making a bigger impact in your business.
My 5 Tips Include:
- Delete: Set a timer for 30 minutes a day for 2 weeks and delete as much as you can. Schedule time on your calendar as needed to continue this process.
- Discourage: Start unsubscribing from anything that is no longer useful to you. Use a tool like Unroll.me or SaneBox to get all the subscriptions you don’t need to see into a “junk” folder in your email.
- Delegate: Can you get it off your plate and give it to someone else? Then do it!
- Deadline: Move your tasks into a project manager so that you don’t get derailed by hanging out in your inbox. Make work time productive!
- Document: Create a few folders and a simple system. Use a service like Airmail to pull in all your accounts to one space. File…or delete everything!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- 5 strategies for beginning to detox your inbox
- How to continue to manage the inbox using these simple strategies using a few free tools
- Bonus tips for how to maximize email communication with anyone, but especially your clients!
Links Mentioned in the Show: (these may be affiliate links):
Check Out Organize Email – You can watch the interview I did with the Head of Marketing and get a discount to organize thousands of emails in minutes!
Our Links & Things
The Free Resources: www.bcohq.co/resources
Days By Design: b.link/daysbydesign
The Productivity Pod Shop: www.theproductivitypodshop.co
Follow Us on Instagram – www.instagram.com/brittanyandco.consulting
Follow Us on Facebook – www.facebook.com/brittanyandco.consulting
Client CRM: Get 50% off a yearly subscription of 17 Hats → b.link/bco-17hats
If you LOVE the show, please go rate and review it so we can show up for more people like you!
Reach out and tell us what you want to hear – Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!