Surely you’ve heard of Marie Kondo by now. If you don’t know who she is, you need to Google her today or find her on Netflix. She is known for her book: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I actually like to call myself the Marie Kondo of business! Marie challenges her clients by asking them if a space or item “sparks joy”. If it doesn’t, she says you have to toss it! Likewise, in your business, everything you use should have a purpose and place.
Today I am sharing 4 tips to make sure your workspace also stays tidy and “sparks joy”.
- Declutter your stuff! Go digital and get rid of papers. Only items that you use daily should stay on the desk.
- Add items to your workspace that make you happy. (Examples: your incorporation of color, decor, maybe a mug or a backdrop of your favorite destination)
- Clean your space weekly. Schedule time to do this! Wipe down your desktop, keyboard, and screen.
- Make your workspace mobile. Give yourself the flexibility of working anywhere in your house and still stay organized. Grab a 3-tiered mobile workspace like this one!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to maintain a tidy, organized, and inspiring workspace so you can be more productive!
Links Mentioned in the Show:
“Get rid of papers. Add things to your project management tool instead of having notebooks and sticky-notes around. Go digital!”